By Mark G. Sobell
<p style="margin: 0px;">Master all of the strategies you want to prevail with Fedora and purple Hat firm Linux
* <div style="margin: 0px;">Set up key net servers, step-by-step, together with Samba, Apache, sendmail, DNS, FTP, and different web servers
* <div style="margin: 0px;">Automate and streamline management with this edition’s extraordinary new bankruptcy on Perl scripting
* <div style="margin: 0px;">Master GUI-based admin instruments and the robust Linux command line (CLI)
<p style="margin: 0px;">In this publication, one of many world’s top Linux specialists brings jointly all of the wisdom you’ll have to prevail with Fedora or pink Hat company Linux in any real-world surroundings. Best-selling writer Mark Sobell explains Linux essentially and successfully, concentrating on abilities you’ll truly use as an administrator, person, or programmer.
<p style="margin: 0px;">
<p style="margin: 0px;">Sobell assumes no past Linux wisdom. He starts off at first and walks you thru each subject and activity that concerns, utilizing easy-to-understand examples. step-by-step, you’ll the best way to set up and configure Linux from the accompanying DVD, navigate its graphical consumer interfaces, supply file/print sharing and net companies, confirm Linux pcs and networks are as safe as attainable, paintings with the strong command line, administer Linux successfully, or even automate management with Perl scripts.
<p style="margin: 0px;">
<p style="margin: 0px;">Mark Sobell has taught millions of Linux and UNIX pros. He is aware each Linux corner and cranny–and he by no means forgets what it’s prefer to be new to Linux. no matter what you’ll are looking to do with Linux–now or within the future–this ebook grants every thing you’ll need.
<p style="margin: 0px;">
<p style="margin: 0px;">Compared with the opposite Linux books available in the market, <b>A functional consultant to Fedora™ and pink Hat® firm Linux®, 5th Edition,</b> delivers
* <div style="margin: 0px;">Complete, up to the moment insurance of Fedora 12 and RHEL five
* <div style="margin: 0px;">Deeper insurance of the command line and the latest GUIs, together with machine customization
* <div style="margin: 0px;">More sensible insurance of dossier sharing utilizing Samba, NFS, and FTP
* <div style="margin: 0px;">More and higher assurance of automating management with Perl
* <div style="margin: 0px;">More usable, life like insurance of net server configuration, together with Apache, sendmail, NFS, DNS/BIND, and LDAP
* <div style="margin: 0px;">More cutting-edge safety suggestions, together with SELinux (Security stronger Linux), ACLs (Access keep an eye on Lists), firewall setup utilizing either the crimson Hat GUI and iptables, and a whole bankruptcy on OpenSSH
* <div style="margin: 0px;">More and higher assurance of system/network management projects, together with new insurance of community tracking with Cacti
* <div style="margin: 0px;">Complete directions on conserving Linux platforms up to date utilizing yum
* <div style="margin: 0px;">And even more, together with a 500+ time period thesaurus and a accomplished index
<p style="margin: 0px;"><b>Includes DVD! </b>Get the entire model of the Fedora 12 release!
Read Online or Download A Practical Guide to Fedora and Red Hat Enterprise Linux (5th Edition) PDF
Best linux books
Who This publication Is For? The Definitive consultant to CentOS is for somebody who desires to construct a creation systemwith the CentOS working process. prior Linux management event is helpfulbut now not required. We’ll enable you start and the way to construct on existingknowledge.
The bash shell is an entire programming language, now not basically a glue to mix exterior Linux instructions. through taking complete good thing about shell internals, shell courses can practice as snappily as utilities written in C or different compiled languages. and you may see how, with no assuming Unix lore, you could write expert bash four.
You will be considering your first Linux set up. otherwise you can have been utilizing Linux for years and wish to grasp extra approximately including a community printer or establishing an FTP server. operating Linux, now in its 5th variation, is the ebook you will want to be had in both case. widely known within the Linux group because the final getting-started and problem-solving e-book, it solutions the questions and tackles the configuration concerns that often plague clients, yet are seldom addressed in different books.
Extend Raspberry Pi services with primary engineering rules Exploring Raspberry Pi is the innovators consultant to bringing Raspberry Pi to existence. This ebook favors engineering rules over a 'recipe' method of provide the abilities you must layout and construct your individual tasks. you will comprehend the basic ideas in a fashion that transfers to any form of electronics, digital modules, or exterior peripherals, utilizing a "learning by means of doing" procedure that caters to either rookies and specialists.
- Linux Newbie Administrator Guide, LNAG, Version 0.201
- Linux Malware Incident Response: A Practitioner's Guide to Forensic Collection and Examination of Volatile Data: An Excerpt from Malware Forensic Field Guide for Linux Systems
- Linux Administration: A Beginner's Guide (6th Edition)
- Embedded Linux
- How Linux Works: What Every Super-User Should Know
Additional resources for A Practical Guide to Fedora and Red Hat Enterprise Linux (5th Edition)
A Practical Guide to Fedora™ and Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®, Fifth Edition, is structured with the following features: • In this book, the term “Fedora/RHEL” refers to both Fedora and Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Features that apply to only one operating system or the other are marked as such using these indicators: FEDORA or RHEL . • Optional sections enable you to read the book at different levels, returning to more difficult material when you are ready to delve into it. • Caution boxes highlight procedures that can easily go wrong, giving you guidance before you run into trouble.
Scott Weikart, and Dr. Richard Curtis. I take responsibility for any errors and omissions in this book. com) and I will fix it in the next printing. com) contains a list of errors and credits those who found them. It also offers copies of the longer scripts from the book and pointers to many interesting Linux pages. Mark G. Sobell San Francisco, California From the Library of Skyla Walker This page intentionally left blank From the Library of Skyla Walker 1 Welcome to Linux In This Chapter The GNU–Linux Connection .
5 The Heritage of Linux: UNIX . . . . 5 What Is So Good About Linux?. . . 6 Overview of Linux . . . . . . . 10 Additional Features of Linux. . . 14 Conventions Used in This Book . . 16 The Linux kernel was developed by Finnish undergraduate student Linus Torvalds, who used the Internet to make the source code immediately available to others for free. 01 in September 1991. Chapter1 1 The new operating system came together through a lot of hard work. Programmers around the world were quick to extend the kernel and develop other tools, adding functionality to match that already found in both BSD UNIX and System V UNIX (SVR4) as well as new functionality.